Quiet Walker Lodge Bed and Breakfast
Dubuque Area ActivitiesCalendar of Events for Dubuque, IA
Discover the Beauty of Dubuque's Countryside Just Minutes from Quiet Walker Lodge Bed and Breakfast
» In this Northeastern section of the state, the Mississippi River valley transverses a picturesque landscape formed of high rocky bluffs, limestone gorges and rugged hills. Clear fast running streams cut through hills covered by oak, hickory, and maple trees. The river bluffs and hills become ever steeper before plunging down to the wide bottomed river valley.
» One of the highest points along the Mississippi River is Balltown Road, which is believed to offer one of the most scenic, far reaching outlooks along the entire three thousand mile route of this mighty river. This magnificent Balltown view has been featured in a variety of magazines and newspapers, and while touring the picturesque Great River Road, many visitors have discovered “Breitbach’s Country Dining“ in Balltown, Iowa. This is Iowa’s oldest bar and restaurant, and is famous for its exceptional food and homespun hospitality.
» Pamper yourself and your loved one with a triple treat: a romantic weekend stay in elegant Iowa country accommodations at Quiet Walker Lodge Bed and Breakfast, take a tour along the historic Great River Road with spectacular views of the Mississippi River valley and the tri-state area, and enjoy superb dining at “Breitbach’s Country Dining“.
Things to See and Do in Dubuque
Within minutes of Quiet Walker Lodge Bed and Breakfast are numerous Dubuque area attractions. Compliment your stay in the great outdoors with sites and activities which are sure to be of interest. Maps and other information about Dubuque and the surrounding area can be found at:
Following is a comprehensive list of attractions with links to help acquaint you with the greater Dubuque area.
- » American Lady -- Dubuque yacht cruises.
- » America’s River -- port of Dubuque
- » Arboretum and Botanical Gardens
- » Celebration River Cruises, Inc.
- » Chestnut Mountain ski area
- » Crystal Lake Cave
- » Diamond Jo Casino (riverboat gambling)
- » Dubuque Greyhound Park and Casino (dog racing)
- » Dubuque Museum of Art
- » Eagle Point Park with tri-state views
- » Fenlon Place Cable Car
- » Field of Dreams -- world famous movie site. Within thirty minutes of Quiet Walker Bed and Breakfast Inn
- » Heritage Nature Trail. This beautiful nature trail is 44 miles long, is covered with a tunnel of lush foliage and winds along the Little Maquoketa River. This nature trail is very popular with hikers, bikers, and cross-country skiers. It is less than two miles from Quiet Walker Lodge Bed and Breakfast Inn.
- » Historic Great River Road with sweeping views of the Mississippi River Valley. Located just 15 minutes from Another World.
- » Mine of Spain -- recreational area
- » The Meadows Golf Course -- a new golf course within six miles.
- » Mississippi River National Museum and Aquarium
- » Shopping at Kennedy Mall, Dubuque, IA.
- » Spirit of Dubuque Sightseeing and dinner cruise
- » Sundown Mountain Ski Area. Five miles from Quiet Walker Lodge Bed and Breakfast Inn
- » Theaters
- » Galena
Within minutes of Quiet Walker Lodge Bed and Breakfast Inn is the Great River Road and Iowa’s beautiful Mississippi River Valley.
- The Great River Road is a three thousand mile network of federal, state, and county roads that parallel the Mississippi River on both sides from Canada to the Gulf of Mexico.
- The Great River Road is marked by a Pilot’s Wheel with twelve spokes, one for each of the ten states bordering the Mississippi, and two for the Canadian provence’s of Manitoba and Ontario. (Source: Great River Road website.)
Relocating to the Dubuque Area?
Dubuque Homes for Sale and Real Estate Info Your one-stop source for real estate services covering the Dubuque, Peosta, and Belleview areas. With a focus on exceptional service, you’ll find everything you’ll need from complete MLS listings, valuable home value calculation tools, and comprehensive area information! Contact: Carol Foht